Event & Booking Manager
At Antwerp Management School (AMS), an internationally renowned business school with its roots and main branch in the bustling heart of Antwerp, both young and experienced professionals are supported and guided in their quest for healthy growth and sustainable professionalization to create impact as an individual, a business team, a company, or an organisation.
We are a dynamic, innovative and customer-oriented organization, driven by an enthusiastic team. Our faculty experts and employees make every effort to offer our customers permanent learning experiences by sharing their state-of-the-art expertise and relevant insights that really matter in daily practice. Click here to get a taste of the atmosphere on campus.
Antwerp Management School aims to maximize diversity and would like to encourage everyone – regardless of gender, religion, ideology, origins, language, functional impairments, etc. – to apply.
Would you like to join our team? We are looking for an Event & Booking Manager.
The Event & Booking Manager acts as a bridge builder between AMS staff and the supportive services to ensure that planning, booking and realization of activities on our campus Boogkeers are well-coordinated and a smooth year-round operation of the campus is assured. This includes follow-up of AMS program activities and organization of AMS events and campus activities from external organizations.
Booking management activities involve preventing booking problems on any campus activity by continuous optimization of the current planning and booking procedures to ensure that a clear and workable booking approach is in place for AMS staff.
Event management activities involve a strong focus on collaboration with the AMS marketing team for all events, ranging from small tailor-made events of 25 participants to big graduation ceremonies for up to 1000 people.
For these events the Event & Booking Manager is responsible for all aspects of event organization from A to Z. From first talks with internal and external stakeholders to budget control, event delivery and follow up & debriefing after the event.
Details on Events@AMS:
You coordinate with all the different teams that an event is set up according to the agreed concept. Specifically you coordinate
- with the facility team about how you want the event to be set up;
- the catering and make sure that the offer is according to budget and liking;
- coordinate with the ICT team and make sure that they are aware of the support needed to ensure a smooth program;
- coordinate with HR to make sure that you have the necessary support in terms of personnel during the event;
- coordinate with external suppliers to make sure that any extra necessary items are ordered and delivered.
Specific focus on Graduation Ceremonies@AMS:
As a school, the graduation ceremonies are the most symbolic events of the year and you take the lead in organizing these events. Tasks include:
- Creating a concept for the event;
- Budget coordination of the event;
- Coordinating the different tasks of the Program managers, Dean, Academic Directors, AMS staff (awards, speeches, proclamation etc.);
- Making sure that all parties involved are well briefed and up to speed on what is going on;
- Taking the lead on the communication about the event to students and their guests;
- Managing registrations and any other info needed to make the event a success;
- Coordinating with all external suppliers including:
- Artistic acts
- Graduation apparel company
- Technical team
- You are responsible for keeping an overview of campus events and activities as well as creating a well-balanced activity calendar;
- You optimize the current planning and booking procedures to help staff in planning and booking their campus activities;
- You facilitate the dialogue with colleagues to capture new needs and design new formats of activities. It is your task to ensure that they can be realized on campus within the budget boundaries of the organization;
- You are responsible for testing of new activities, including activities with partners or for external renters from within the B2B network of Antwerp Management School; without impacting the current campus activities;
- You serve as an advisor to colleagues when it comes to organizing the perfect event;
You take the lead in organization of AMS events, including follow up on event registrations and are the contact person for any troubleshooting before, during and after an event.
Strong planning and optimization skills and a proven track record in event coordination are a must. Willingness to find common ground to find solutions with colleagues and stakeholders has to be central in every action you take.
- You have least 5 years of event management experience;
- You have an ability to work with different online systems and can learn quickly;
- You are aware and interested in keeping updated on the latest trends when it comes to online and onsite events;
- You have a creative problem-solving mindset and comfortable with multitasking;
- You are well organized and a natural born coordinator who knows how to work under pressure. You are not afraid to take action and be assertive when needed;
- You are dynamic, pragmatic and entrepreneurial with a make-it-happen attitude. You know how to deliver results in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- You possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- You are fluent in English and have proficiency in Dutch.
You will be part of one of the world’s leading international management schools. Our organizational culture is warm and open-minded with ambitious and driven colleagues. Our aim is to further internal relationships and to make work fun.
Our customers and many of our staff members come from every corner of the globe, giving AMS a strong international vibe.
Ours is a highly flexible work environment where you can expect a great deal of autonomy and room for deploying and developing your own entrepreneurship. This will allow you to create the work–life balance that works for you.
You will work in a hip and sustainable environment in the very heart of Antwerp. Check out our new campus in this video: Boogkeers
Besides an appealing salary with benefits, AMS offers you the opportunity to further develop your skills and to grow as a professional.
Our motto truly encapsulates what we represent: ‘Opening minds, to impact the world’
In sum, a job that has an impact!
Send your resumé and motivation letter via this link to Bo Olischlager, HR Administrator.