Alumni Manager (part-time, maternity leave replacement)
At Antwerp Management School (AMS), an internationally renowned business school with its roots and main branch in the bustling heart of Antwerp, both young and experienced professionals are supported and guided in their quest for healthy growth and sustainable professionalization to create impact as an individual, a business team, a company, or an organisation.
We are a dynamic, innovative and customer-oriented organization, driven by an enthusiastic team. Our faculty experts and employees make every effort to offer our customers permanent learning experiences by sharing their state-of-the-art expertise and relevant insights that really matter in daily practice. Click here to get a taste of the atmosphere on campus.
The Antwerp Management School aims to maximize diversity and would like to encourage everyone – regardless of gender, religion, ideology, origins, language, functional impairments, etc. – to apply.
Would you like to join our team? We are looking for a part-time Alumni Manager.
The AMS alumni is a network of 26 000 alumni from 85 countries and their engagement is of strategic importance to our school. We believe that having an engaged and active alumni community will benefit both the school and the alumni. Active and engaged Alumni are our best ambassadors and we will create engagement by servicing them and by organizing activities based on the 4 pillars: Lifelong learning, networking, Careers and alumni recognition.
In order to ensure continuity of our alumni activities, we are looking for a temporary replacement who can take over the tasks of the alumni manager.
Since the alumni strategy is in its implementation stage, it is important to have somebody with an entrepreneurial mind, energy and passion to drive this project forward.
Alumni Platform & Data Management
The alumni platform recently launched and it important to keep nurturing the platform and to increase the numbers of users on the platform, and you do this by
- Keep finding ways of optimizing the features of the platform
- Work with IT and find ways of organizing and optimizing the data
- Make sure that alumni using the platform are serviced
- Find innovative ways of keeping people engaged in the platform by organizing activities that will drive them to the platform.
Alumni as a Marketing Tool
Having an active an engaged alumni network with a lot of services offered is an important part of the marketing of our programs and definitely an extra argument for future participants to choose for AMS. In collaboration with the marketing program SPOCS you
- Make sure that the story of the alumni is imbedded in the sales argument of our programs via various channels such as brochures, website and creative marketing stories.
Support the Alumni Chapters
The alumni network is a huge network of more than 26 000 alumni with various and diverse demographic backgrounds with different interests. This means that there are many different communities based on program, professional interests or location. Communities are driven by the alumni volunteers with the support of AMS. It is our goal to create as many communities as possible. Your task is
- To motivate alumni to take the lead in starting new chapters
- Set them up for success by giving them guidelines and supporting them in their activities
- Make sure to recognize their efforts by rewarding them in various creative ways
- Help and support their efforts in times of needs and problems
- When organizing events, help them to set up the marketing and communication of their activities
- Organize meetings and align with the different stakeholders
The Steering Committee
The Steering committee is organized twice per year and is composed of alumni volunteers. As an alumni Manager, you make sure that the agenda is set for this meeting and organize it in a professional way.
Alumni Career Services
The AMS Alumni network is a strong network of outstanding talents. With many companies interested in accessing our talent, in collaboration with the career services expert, you are in charge of
- Finding ways of commercializing the network for the benefit of our alumni (Creating commercial packages)
- Promoting our services within the network or externally
You are responsible for the overall budget of the alumni.
- You have a master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field of study completed with an AMS degree (Masters, MBA, Executive education);
- The alumni manager is part of the marketing team and has experience in marketing and has very strong writing and communication skills
- The alumni manager is entrepreneurial and is not afraid to take initiatives
- The alumni manager is hands on and not afraid of doing practical tasks
- The alumni manager has experience working with volunteers
- The alumni manager is a networker at heart
- You are flexible to work outside of working hours (occasional evening and weekend work is not excluded)
- You have excellent managerial and organizational skills. You know to inspire people, to shape an organization in function of its mission, to motivate volunteers;
- You have experience as the lead organizer of large, high-level visible events;
- You are fully up-to-date on social media and you have experience using them to increase the visibility of your organization;
- You possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English; You have proficiency in French.
You will be part of one of the world’s leading international management schools. Our organizational culture is warm and open-minded with ambitious and driven colleagues. Our aim is to further internal relationships and to make work fun.
Our customers and many of our staff members come from every corner of the globe, giving AMS a strong international vibe.
Ours is a highly flexible work environment where you can expect a great deal of autonomy and room for deploying and developing your own entrepreneurship. This will allow you to create the work–life balance that works for you.
You will work in a hip and sustainable environment in the very heart of Antwerp. Check out our new campus in this video: Boogkeers
Besides an appealing salary with benefits, AMS offers you the opportunity to further develop your skills and to grow as a professional.
Our motto truly encapsulates what we represent: ‘Opening minds, to impact the world’
In sum, a job that has an impact!
Send yourand via this link to Victoria Hermans, HR Officer. Your application will be handled quickly and discreetly.