Event & Alumni Manager (maternity leave replacement)
At Antwerp Management School (AMS), an internationally renowned business school with its roots and main branch in the bustling heart of Antwerp, both young and experienced professionals are supported and guided in their quest for healthy growth and sustainable professionalization to create impact as an individual, a business team, a company, or an organisation.
We are a dynamic, innovative and customer-oriented organization, driven by an enthusiastic team. Our faculty experts and employees make every effort to offer our customers permanent learning experiences by sharing their state-of-the-art expertise and relevant insights that really matter in daily practice. Click here to get a taste of the atmosphere on campus.
Antwerp Management School aims to maximize diversity and would like to encourage everyone – regardless of gender, religion, ideology, origins, language, functional impairments, etc. – to apply.
Would you like to join our team? We are looking for an Event & Alumni Manager (maternity leave replacement).
As the Event & Alumni Manager, you are in charge of making sure that all online and onsite events run smoothly. You also are responsible for maintaining and developing relations with our alumni.
The Event Management part of the job position entails the following:
- You are responsible for keeping an overview of AMS events to make sure that our events are spread-out throughout the year;
- As the event expert, you serve as an advisor to our colleagues when it comes to organizing the perfect event;
- As the central event coordinator, you make sure to listen to the needs of the colleagues and together agree on the best format for their events;
- You are responsible with setting up the event registration page and flow to make sure that the customer gets the necessary info about the event;
- You set up the event page on all the AMS channels (including on website and various platforms);
- You set up the event invitation and make sure that the correct target groups receive the invitation;
- You follow up registrations and are the contact person for any troubleshooting.
Onsite events @ AMS
Events at AMS include small events of 25 participants to big graduation ceremonies for up to 1000 people.
- You coordinate with the facility team about how you want the event to be set up;
- You coordinate the catering and make sure that the offer is according to budget and liking;
- You coordinate with the IT team and make sure that they are aware of the support needed to ensure a smooth program;
- You coordinate with HR to make sure that you have the necessary support in terms of personnel during the event;
- You coordinate with external suppliers to make sure that any extra necessary items are ordered and delivered.
AMS organizes monthly webinars for which your assistance and expertise is required.
- Set up registration flow in Eventbrite and zoom or teams;
- Set up test sessions with speakers;
- Assist in setting up polls;
- Coordinate with the IT team if extra technical support is needed;
- Be present as technical support on the day of the webinar.
As a school, the graduation ceremonies are the most symbolic events of the year and the event manager takes the lead in organizing these events. Since the graduations take place end of June/beginning of July, it’s important to be present and available during these months. The tasks include:
- Creating a concept for the event
- Budget coordination of the event
- Coordinating the different tasks of the Program managers, Dean, Academic Directors, AMS staff (awards, speeches, proclamation etc..)
- Making sure that all parties involved are well briefed and up to speed on what is going on
- Takes the lead in communication about the event to students and their guests
- Manages registrations and any other info needed to make the event a success
- Coordinating with all external suppliers including
- Artistic acts;
- Graduation apparel company;
- Technical team.
The Alumni Management part of the job position entails the following:
Alumni Platform & Data Management
Our alumni platform recently launched and it important to keep nurturing the platform and to increase the numbers of users on the platform, and you do this by
- Keep finding ways of optimizing the features of the platform;
- Work with IT and find ways of organizing and optimizing the data;
- Make sure that alumni using the platform are serviced;
- Find innovative ways of keeping people engaged in the platform by organizing activities that will drive them to the platform.
Support the Alumni Chapters
The alumni network is a huge network of more than 26 000 alumni with various and diverse demographic backgrounds with different interests. This means that there are many different communities based on program, professional interests or location. Communities are driven by the alumni volunteers with the support of AMS. It is our goal to create as many communities as possible. Your task is
- To motivate alumni to take the lead in starting new chapters;
- Set them up for success by giving them guidelines and supporting them in their activities;
- Make sure to recognize their efforts by rewarding them in various creative ways;
- Help and support their efforts in times of needs and problems;
- When organizing events, help them to set up the marketing and communication of their activities;
- Organize meetings and align with the different stakeholders;
The Steering Committee
The Steering committee is organized twice per year and is composed of alumni volunteers. As an alumni Manager, you make sure that the agenda is set for this meeting and organize it in a professional way.
Alumni Career Services
The AMS Alumni network is a strong network of outstanding talents. With many companies interested in accessing our talent, in collaboration with the career services expert, you are in charge of
- Finding ways of commercializing the network for the benefit of our alumni (creating commercial packages);
- Promoting our services within the network or externally.
- You have least 5 years of event management experience online and offsite;
- You have experience as the lead organizer of large, high-level visible events;
- You are fully up-to-date on social media and you have experience using them to increase the visibility of your organization;
- You are aware and interested in keeping updated on the latest trends when it comes to events online and onsite;
- You have a creative mind and like to multitask;
- You are dynamic, pragmatic and entrepreneurial with a make-it-happen attitude. You know to deliver results in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- You can work well under pressure and are not afraid to be assertive;
- You are flexible to work outside of working hours (occasional evening and weekend work is not excluded);
- You possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- You are fluent in English and have proficiency in Dutch.
You will be part of one of the world’s leading international management schools. Our organizational culture is warm and open-minded with ambitious and driven colleagues. Our aim is to further internal relationships and to make work fun.
Our customers and many of our staff members come from every corner of the globe, giving AMS a strong international vibe.
Ours is a highly flexible work environment where you can expect a great deal of autonomy and room for deploying and developing your own entrepreneurship. This will allow you to create the work–life balance that works for you.
You will work in a hip and sustainable environment in the very heart of Antwerp. Check out our new campus in this video: Boogkeers
Besides an appealing salary with benefits, AMS offers you the opportunity to further develop your skills and to grow as a professional.
Our motto truly encapsulates what we represent: ‘Opening minds, to impact the world’
In sum, a job that has an impact!
Send your resumé and motivation letter via this link to Victoria Hermans, HR Officer. Your application will be handled quickly and discreetly.